Registration for Zoom Cooking Class Now Open

Sammy Rich on Jan 18, 2021 10:45:00 AM

On February 18, ISU’s Continuing Education and Workforce Training is hosting a Zoom cooking class.

This cooking class, held through Zoom, is the second installment of In the Kitchen with CEWT-- CEWT’s latest recurring segment. In the Kitchen with CEWT gives you the opportunity to learn how to make delicious treats and savory dishes with the help of local chefs, bakers, and home cooks.

You will cook along with John Baker as he gives you tips and tricks to have a delicious meal at the end of the class. 

“By just following a recipe, they don’t give you the tips and tricks you need to make sure a dish turns out properly.,” Baker explained. “When you’re following along with me during the online class, I can give you advice when we do certain techniques.”

During this class, cooking instructor John Baker will be teaching you how to make Butter Chicken, a popular Indian dish. It is loved for its smooth, silky flavor and its mild spice profile. While it might not be as spicy as other common Indian dishes, it does not skimp out on flavor.

Hailing from England, Baker has a passion for Indian food. “If you’ve ever been to England, you see there’s an Indian restaurant practically on every corner,” he said.

Baker enjoys Indian food because of its flavors and the free-flowing creativity that it brings to the kitchen.

“Whatever recipes I find, I modify them to how I like them,” Baker explained. “I’ve seen recipes in the past where I can’t get hold of, sometimes I’ll get a recipe and delete a certain ingredient or substitute it,  and it doesn’t ruin the end result.”

Registration for this Zoom cooking class is now open; click here to register.

Once enrolled, you will be supplied an ingredients list and a link to the Zoom class. Students are responsible for their own ingredients.

A recording of the class will be uploaded to YouTube, which means that you can rewatch the class and make Butter Chicken whenever inspiration strikes!

0 comments