5 Reasons To Buy a Gaming Laptop for Work- Even If You Don’t Game

Kylan Feld on May 13, 2015 7:00:00 AM

cheap gaming laptopWhy would someone buy a gaming computer if they don’t play games on it?

The answer to the question above is simple to answer with another question. Would you buy a pickup truck without a trailer hitch?

Even if you don’t pull a trailer very often-or never- you would still probably want the hitch for the just in case scenario. And if that is not the reason, then why not buy a car?

The reason is probably because it is nice to have the extra features. It is nice to have the capability to haul items, be taller on the road, and have the added safety found in the pickup truck.

So, why would someone buy a gaming computer if they don’t play games on it?

That is the question I asked myself when I was looking for a new laptop for college. Someone recommended that I buy a gaming laptop for what I wanted in a computer. I took this into consideration as I continued my search for a pc that would suit me.

I looked into them and ended up getting a gaming laptop and I am very happy with my decision; even though I have never gamed to this day.

(And check out our blog article on things to keep in mind when shopping for a new computer!)

There are several reasons gaming laptops are the best laptops for work. Here are a few advantages of gaming laptops:

1. Speed

This is one of my favorite and noticeable features about my computer. From the time I push the power button after it has been off, it takes about five seconds before it is on and ready to run.

This is great when you have to get a business presentation up quickly or have data ready for a meeting. The laptop carries this same speed into opening programs too.

This speed is due to the processing necessary for gaming. Gaming computers can handle more information at once compared to regular computers and tend to not freeze or lag as much.

This is especially nice when you are editing videos or simply running a bigger program like QuickBooks to keep track of business operations.

2. Ease of Use

Something a lot of people don’t realize is that gaming computers do EVERYTHING your standard computer can do.

For example, I have Microsoft office, QuickBooks, and Google Chrome all on my gaming computer. It is a Windows 8 laptop and the layout is the same as any pc that I have seen.advantages of gaming laptops

This means there is no learning curve just because you make the investment in a higher quality computer, which equates to less time goofing around and more time to be efficient and get work done!

3. Higher Quality Parts

Since gaming computers are built for gaming, they have to be built to handle the games! This means a better picture, better sound, more memory, and more efficient processors that effectively use battery power.

All of these are necessary to have in a computer, and the quality means there will be less hardware and processing problems.

4. Gaming Computers Last Longer

If you buy a gaming laptop today, it is not going to be outdated as quickly as regular pcs. The reason? Gaming laptops are built for tomorrow’s computer programs and games, not today’s.

There is a continually widening gap between the technology in gaming computers and regular laptops. Here is an example. Have you ever had to transfer all of you data and files from an old computer to a new one?laptop for work

It is a painful process and even then you aren’t sure if all of the files even transferred in the first place. With gaming laptops that last longer, you won’t have to go through the computer transfer process nearly as often.

5. Versatility

Gaming computers are able to be upgraded more easily than regular pcs. The parts simply need to be swapped out. It is similar to changing the tires on a pickup truck, or any vehicle you may have.

When a vehicle needs new tires, it is because your current ones are worn out and not able to handle the road as well as new ones would. So you would drive to a tire shop and get new ones put on.

It is the same concept with a gaming laptop, other than it is the computer store instead of the tire store because I am pretty sure Commercial Tire only sells tires.

Anyways, if you have a gaming laptop that is five years old and you feel it isn’t running like it should, you simply can take it to a computer store, and buy the exact part you need to replace the existing one. Thus, saving you money and time compared to buying an entirely new computer.

The “investment” part of it

This blog wouldn’t be complete without the reason everyone doesn’t just buy a gaming laptop. The reason? The cost. It is hard to rationalize the high price of anything, especially when you are paying for it. 

However, one must keep in mind the advantages and think about it as an investment strategy, as well as remembering you get what you pay for. On average, people buy new laptops about every five years.

A gaming laptop doubles this lifespan because it is able to keep up with the new technology coming out. This is in addition to the time and upgrading it saves you.

If someone was to buy a regular laptop for $800, it would suit them fine for the designated time period.

But, if someone was to buy a cheap gaming laptop for $1,500 for work, it would suit them for their needs and they would receive all of the extra benefits that come along with gaming laptops.

Blog Subscription

59 comments